The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication.
There are two type of IELTS modules
- Academic Module: IELTS Academic test training is intended for those who want to enroll in colleges or universities for higher education.
- General Module: IELTS General test training is intended for those planning to gain work experience or migration purposes.
The IELTS test has four parts
- Listening: 30 minutes, 4 sections, 40 questions.
- Reading: 60 minutes, 3 passages, 40 questions.
- Writing: 60 minutes, Task 1 – 20 minutes, Task 2 – 40 minutes
- Speaking: 11–14 minutes
The total test time is: 2 hours and 45 minutes Listening, Reading and Writing are completed in one sitting. While the Speaking test may be taken on the same day or before.