Test of English as a Foreign Language is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enrol in English-speaking universities.
TOEFL Preparation in Al Ain
TOEFL iBT Test
• The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120 points.
• Each of the four sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) receives a scaled score from 0 to 30.
• The reading and listening sections are tested first, followed by a ten-minute break. The speaking and writing sections are then completed following the break.
• Each speaking question is initially given a score of 0 to 4, and each writing question is initially given a score of 0 to 5. These scores are converted to scaled scores of 0 to 30.
TOEFL iBT Test Structure
• Duration: 20 minutes
• 2 independent tasks: Speak Any Topic
• 4 integrated tasks – Read & Hear
• Score: 0-4 points, scaled to 0-30 points
• Duration: 50 minutes
• 1 integrated task – based on Listening and Reading
• 1 independent task – Opinion based
• Score: 0-5 points, scaled to 0-30 points